Namibia Landscapes & Wildlife Photo Tour
Join Tusk Photo and sit in the front row seat as our Professional Host Photographers & Guides share their secrets on how to capture one of the most diverse and beautiful countries in the world. This stark beauty and breath taking wildlife sets the perfect backdrop for one of the best safaris on offer with ample opportunity to take some incredible photographs.
- Diverse photography – Landscapes / Wildlife / Birds / Night / Star Trails / Macro / Milky Way / Flash / Aerial and more
- Luxury 4×4 vehicles with Air-con, Wi-Fi, Coolers, etc used for our entire tour
- Diverse activities – Helicopter Flights / Boat Cruises / Desert Tour / Dead Vlei and more
- Best possible luxury hotels and lodges where we stay
- All tours led by Professional Photographers with an intricate knowledge of the areas we visit
- Keetmanshoop – Quiver Tree landscapes by day and night, specializing in Milky Way and Star photography
- Luderitz – Kolmanskop Ghost Town for Landscapes and Architectural photography
- Sossusvlei – Helicopter flights for Aerial Landscapes and Wildlife photography
- Sossusvlei – Landscapes and Wildlife photography including unlimited Dead Vlei opportunities
- Walvisbay – Chartered boat tour to target Bird Photography such as Pelicans in flight and more
- Walvisbay – Marine and bay area for Cape Fur Seals / Flamingo’s and other wildlife and birds
- Swakopmund – Desert Experience for Macro photography with Palmato Gecko’s, Desert Chameleons and more
- Etosha – Wildlife and landscapes by day and night.
So why Namibia…?
Simple, because there is no other place where you can enjoy so many different photographic disciplines all rolled into one dramatic environment. You will be exposed to this amazing variety with our top professional host photographers and guides that make sure you get the results few others can offer. Further more Namibia is a safe environment where photographers from all over the world can feel completely at ease when doing what they love best – photography!
So What Specialties Do We Offer On This Safari?
- Landscapes by day with wide-angle and telephoto lenses
- Landscapes by night for Milky way and stars
- Landscapes with Star Trails
- Time Laps photography
- Bird photography with telephoto and wide angle opportunities
- Wildlife photography in Namibia
- Specialist Wildlife night photography
- Remote camera work
- Remote flash photography with Wildlife
- Macro work with telephoto lenses
- Helicopter Aerial photography for Wildlife and Landscapes
- Photography from Vehicles, Boats, Helicopters and on foot
- Still life and architectural photography
This 14 night / 15 day safari ensures that you experience the best of the best.
- Starting in Windhoek where we meet and greet everyone and stay the night in Windhoek.
- Next day we start early and travel towards Keetmanshoop area to photograph Quiver Trees in the late afternoon and evening. This is where we photograph those unique Quiver Trees and Milky Way and stars images.
- We then head off to Luderitz and spend the next 2 days (2 nights) photographing the world famous Kolmanskop Ghost Town working on our still life, landscape and architectural photography.
- We then move to Sossusvlei for 3 nights to experience the red dunes, wildlife and Dead Vlei specialties. You will also have a 2-hour helicopter ride for landscapes and wildlife opportunities as well as some of the best night photography in the desert. Here we can setup for Milky Way, Stars, Moon Landscapes as well as Time-Laps photography. The options are almost endless..!
- From Sossusvlei we travel onto Swakopmund for 3 nights to capture the wonderful marine, bird and wildlife. We charter a boat in Walvisbay to work on birds in flight such as Pelicans that approach us to within arms reach. We also head into the Namib Desert and capture desert animals such as Palmato Gecko’s, Namaqua / Desert Chameleons, Side Winder Snakes and more. Afternoons will be spent either at Pelican point photographing the 40000+ seals playing in the surf or we can photograph the thousands of Flamingo’s along the Walvisbay marine area.
- Our last destination is Etosha where we focus our attention on the vast open plains and spectacular wildlife the area has to offer. By night we will be photographing wildlife that frequent the waterholes capturing their beauty with remote flash work and other specialist techniques.
- At each venue your accommodation is luxurious, comfortable and relaxing, combining the spirit of the area with comfort.
- 14 nights’ accommodation
- Luxury 4×4 vehicles (see details on our vehicles that include aircon, free wifi, charging facilities, fridges etc)
- Free Wi-Fi in our Tusk Photo vehicles (When Cellular network coverage is available)
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast at all accommodation
- 2 hr Helicopter ride in Sossusvlei area
- Private desert experience tour in Swakopmund for our group
- Private chartered bay cruise tour in Walvisbay for our group
- All soft drinks, mineral water and snacks
- Local beers and wines (except premium brands and or imported liquor)
- All Park Fees
- Visas and cross border costs
- Telephone calls
- Purchases of a personal nature.
Our Tusk Photo Vehicles Have:
- A cooler for waters / soft drinks and snacks
- Bean bags
- USB Charging points for Cell Phones / Tablets
- Free Wi-Fi (dependent on Cellular reception)
- Each vehicle is equipped with Fire Extinguishers / First Aid kits and more.
What Animal species can you expect to photograph:
- Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Spotted Hyena
- Elephant, Black Rhino, White Rhino
- Giraffe, Zebra
- Oryx (Gemsbok), Springbok
- Wildebeest, Impala
- Possible – Honey Badger, Aard Wolf, Brown Hyena, Genet, Civet, Serval
What Bird species can you expect to photograph:
- Great White Pelican
- Greater and Lesser Flamingo
- Eagles – Martial Eagle, Bateleur, Tawny Eagle, Snake Eagles etc.
- Cormorant / Oyster Catcher / Gulls / Terns / Skua’s and many other waders
- Numerous LBJ’s to keep every twitcher happy
Day 6 & 7
Day 12 - 14
Dates & Prices
|Departure Date||Return Date||Tour Cost||SADC Rate||Availability||Location|
|20 May 2023||3 June 2023||USD 8890||N/A||4||Book|
|9 June 2023||23 June 2023||USD 8890||N/A||FULL|
Anand Nirgude from India wrote:
I had a good trip of Namibia and I must thank you, Brendon and Dawie ...
Patricia Vice from England UK wrote:
Thank you for Namibia, it was great. Each location was special, and I learnt new techniques. .... Everyone applauded!
Ed Matney from Oakland, USA wrote
Wim and Ben were fantastic leaders in Namibia. I was so lucky to have them guide us through the deserts & seas. Smart, personable, fun and just plain nice guys! Please pass on my appreciation to Ben and Wim.
Tricia Owen from Cape Town, South Africa wrote:
Back home after a wonderful trip, learnt loads what fun. Would do it all again. Please say thanks for a great trip just want to do it all again! With new found knowledge and perhaps better lens! But all the same very happy with what I got. Again great trip many thanks indeed. Well organised. Again many thanks for a great trip and I really would like to do it all again.
Vicki Santello from the USA wrote:
It’s been a pleasure working with you for all the arrangements on this great trip. I really appreciate all you did for me. I’m sure I’ll be traveling with Tusk Photo again! I can’t thank you enough for your patience and guidance and for sharing your knowledge. The trip was absolutely fantastic and much of that came from your leadership. Thank you. I just signed up for the trip again next year ........Bottom line, you’ve built a wonderful business and have earned my trust. I appreciate both you and Loran so much! Please give my very best to Wim. He is a super tour guide and a great trip leader.
Malie van der Vyver from Pretoria, South Africa wrote:
DIT WAS ONGELOOFLIK LEKKER! My kar is gister eers gewas en skoongemaak, en dit was vir my treurig toe die Etosha stof afgewas is – so asof dit nou finaal verby is. Die fotografiegeleenthede tov daardie safari was ongelooflik en die verskeidenheid was baie groot. Ek het veral die eerste gedeelte terdee geniet aangesien ek nog nie die geleentheid gehad het om “Star Trails” te doen nie. Ek het selfs landskappe begin afneem – iets wat tot dusver nie my my aftrekgekry het nie. As ek my sin kon kry, is ek volgende jaar weer op die safari!
Francois van der Watt from Bloemfontein, South Africa wrote
Ons het die toer verskriklik geniet. Die blyplekke was almal baie tegemoetkomend met Jennifer en ons het geen probleme gehad nie. Dit was 'n spesiale groep mense op die safari .... Ek wil darem net vir almal dankie sê dat hulle Jenni so maklik deel van die groep gemaak het. Dankie ook vir jou moeite om dit vir ons te reël dat sy kon saamgaan.
Beth Starr from New Jersey, USA wrote
Jim and I want you to know that we really enjoyed traveling with you folks. It's been almost 2 months since we arrived home and we're still on a Namibian "HIGH"! I will say "of all my travels, the photos taken on this adventure are my favorites". .....the fun helicopter rides, the beauty, variety and QUIET of Namibia, learning new photo techniques (getting some very awesome photos!) and making new friends. We look back with very fond memories and good stories that keep us smiling. Can't wait 'til another adventure with Tusk Photo
The Geldarts from KwaZulu Natal wrote:
After a somewhat exhausting but FANTASTIC, AWESOME trip, we are slowly gathering ourselves and washing the white dust of Namibia out of our clothes, but not out of our memories!! We really had a super time and want to thank you for your superb organisation and always being the backbone to very happy trips. THANK YOU !!!! Thanks once again for everything you have done, Loran